Our draft plans
The draft masterplan has been developed to meet the needs of business and deliver on our commitment to sustainability, being sensitive to the local area, and providing benefits for the local community.
Indicative layout of emerging proposals – click to enlarge Indicative layout of emerging proposals
The masterplan shows:
- An enhanced roundabout on the A605 – providing safe access for vehicles into and out of the site and improving the movement of traffic through the junction
- A flagship new facility for DSV – accommodating growth of the business and providing a highly sustainable and efficient base for its operations in Thrapston
- Space to attract other occupiers – with the potential for a range of building sizes to meet the specific needs of individual businesses and providing a mix of quality jobs
- Flexible space for smaller occupiers – supporting innovation and growth of local businesses
- A strategic landscape corridor at least 33m wide along the northern boundary and extending to 100m at its widest point – helping to screen sensitive views and providing a new connection for pedestrians and cyclists linked to local routes
- Structural landscaping around the site and between buildings – helping to soften the environment, filter views of buildings, and create a network of linked green spaces
- A series of linked water features – forming part of a sustainable drainage system (SuDS) that manages surface water (flow and quality), holds it in underground tanks and open-air ponds, and ensures the site does not result in flooding nearby
The masterplan has been developed to deliver an integrated solution to many other factors relevant to the development of the site. This includes:
- Creating a high-quality gateway into Thrapston that marks your arrival to the town when travelling along the A605 from the north
- Reprofiling the site to create level plateaus for buildings and redistributing soil within the site to minimise any import / export of materials
- Meeting the operational requirements of occupiers and supporting their workforces with amenity space as part of an attractive, safe and well maintained setting
- Meeting the requirements of the highway authority to ensure the safe movement of people and vehicles across the site
- Providing utilities that allow the site to operate as part of a sustainable energy strategy
You can share your input with us by using our consultation map.Consultation map
You can also fill in an online comment form.
You can get in touch with us here.